In 2013, the West Vancouver Society for Art, Architecture + Design was formed to support the creation of a new art facility to meet the needs of our vibrant community by serving as a focal point for its social and cultural life.
With the support of Council, this initiative is now well underway, spearheaded by a dedicated Board of Directors.
Building on the success of the current West Vancouver Museum, the new facility will focus on exhibiting contemporary and historical art, architecture and design, fulfilling a range of roles within the district. These include:
- educating through a wide range of programs for children and adults
- engaging through a range of public programs and activities
- collecting and maintaining West Vancouver’s cultural assets through the preservation of works by prominent artists, architects, and designers
- generating revenue through programming, membership, venue rental, art rental program, a shop, and food services
- celebrating through the provision of a vibrant community place for gathering indoors and out